Did this more or less to test if it was possible to weave with 16/1 linen yarn, but also because the colours are gorgeous. As expected, sadly, it was quite messy, with more and more threads breaking on the way, I understand why most stick to 16/2 linen yarn.
Figured I might as well add a picture of the so-far completed outfit, from this years 17th of May. =)
I am calling it V1 because, although it is fully wearable and actually quite comfortable, I am planning to do some embroidery work on it. Hopefully some ivy vines along the hem of the skirt and maybe on the cape as well.
Another piece for the outfit for 17th of May!
This is the piece of fabric which started it all I suppose, I found this gorgeous, gorgeous piece of ivy brocade in the local fabric shop when I went home last Christmas, and I just couldn’t resist it and I knew exactly what to do with it! I had been looking for a fabric like this and not found one, until then! And it had to be mine although very expensive (which is why I only bought 0.5m).
Seeing as I’m planning on sewing a whole new outfit for 17th of May, I figured it would be a good idea to start practicing embroidery. I found this really pretty ivy brocade which I’m going to turn into a vest, but of course, there is no garment trim that matches it. So I will be embroidering leaves onto the skirt by hand.
This is just a practice round of an idea which might, in some form or another, wind up on the cuffs and collar of the shirt of the outfit. Probably not this dark, but maybe matching the white of the shirt. The “dots” in the all the crosses might have some vague, pale gold colour though, just to break it up a little. I don’t know yet, we’ll see! 🙂