Tags

, , ,

Well, a lot of things happened over Easter this year, and it is far from over yet, but one of the things I did find time to practice (since you can do it in front of the TV thus still socializing with family persons) was needle binding (nålebinding).

My first pair of wrist warmers mysteriously vanished when my grandmother came for a visit. She is always cold though, and they are very warm, so I don’t mind at all.

The second project had to be socks. I had some left over yarn after knitting knee-socks last Christmas, so that worked excellent.

Please forgive the quality of the pictures, they’re taken with my phone, but oh well.

After the socks were done, I had planned to make a doll hat, since my mother knits a lot of doll clothes, and I figured she could just sell it. It didn’t take a lot of brains to realize that there was not enough yarn left for a hat though, so I made a small pair of doll socks instead.

With that, I magically managed to use up every last bit of grey yarn except a few left over threads, which I am very happy with!

I also learned that picking up just one thread behind the thumb gives a result which is much more flexible and elastic than when you pick up two threads, which is what I did with the wrist warmers my grandmother got. These socks were done picking up just one, and they are a lot more stretchy.

Advertisements